Strawberry Short Cake
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 cake and 1/3 cup sauce)
• 1 tablespoon calorie-free sweetener
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 cup orange juice
• 1/4 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
• 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries (about 1 pint)
• 6 spongecake dessert shells (5-ounce package)
1. Combine sweetener and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Stir in orange juice. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute or until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat, and stir in extract. Cool completely.
2. Combine orange juice mixture and strawberries in a bowl; stir gently. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
3. To serve, spoon sauce over dessert shells.
Tip: This luscious sauce is also good spooned over no-sugar-added ice cream, angel food cake, or fat-free pound cake.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …